West Shore Aware Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to GVSU students who demonstrate a positive sensitivity to an involvement in issues relative to the LGBT+ community and who promote visibility by service to the larger community.
- Preference will be given to LBGT+ students or to other students who demonstrate visible positive support for issues important to the well-being of the broad LGBT+ community
- May be enrolled part-time or full-time as undergraduate or graduate student
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be making standard of academic progress
- Financial need will be taken into consideration
Renewal Criteria: Scholarship is not automatically renewable. Recipients may reapply.
- West Shore Aware
- Supplemental Questions
- Please also write a personal letter telling us about yourself: Your academic strengths and weaknesses. Your personal strengths and weaknesses. Describe how your present circumstances support the goals of the scholarship. Describe any personal involvement in LGBT+ advocacy, community events, politics, etc.
- In what area(s) do you plan to specialize?
- What other scholarships are you seeking?