Dr. Jeanne J. Arnold First Generation Urban Schools Scholarship
The First Generation Urban Schools Scholarship was established to provide opportunities for new incoming students who are the first in their families to attend college and may receive little encouragement and financial support to attend.
- Must be the first person in his or her immediate family to pursue a college degree (neither parent/guardian has a four year degree), as reported on their admissions application.
- Must be a graduate of a high school identified as a urban school or additional schools identified by the financial aid office (please contact financial aid office for full listing).
- Incoming transfer students are eligible, including those transferring from the community college in Michigan, and who are also graduates of a listed urban high school.
- Recipients must maintain an minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average and be making satisfactory academic progress according to the norms established by the University
- Preference will be given to graduates from Michigan Urban Schools
- Candidates must be accepted by Grand Valley State University for enrollment and recipients must be attending GVSU as full-time degree-seeking undergraduate students to be eligible to receive this scholarship
- Must have financial need as demonstrated by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Application Process: There is no formal application required for this scholarship. Your admissions application to the university serves as your application for this scholarship.
Renewal Criteria: Scholarship may be renewed for a maximum of 8 semesters without reapplication provided the recipient continues to meet satisfactory academic progress.