Richard A. Winn Michigan Lodging and Tourism Association Scholarship
To assist students with the cost of their education, increase awareness of careers in hospitality and tourism management, and promote diversity in the field. Recipients for this scholarship should:
- Be accepted for or currently enrolled at Grand Valley State University (GVSU)
- Must be an undergraduate enrolled for 12 credit hours or more in any course of study with priority given to students majoring in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater and meet satisfactory academic progress standards.
- Candidates must represent a minority status. Multiracial candidates may also qualify for this scholarship.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are the first in their family to earn a four-year degree (First Generation)
Financial need is required and must be demonstrated by the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship may be renewed with reapplication provided the recipient continues to meet the qualifications stated above.