Jurries Family Scholarship for Writing Majors
The Jurries Family Scholarship was created for qualified candidates within in the Writing Department who are working toward a writing degree.
- Candidates for this scholarship must have earned a minimum of 55 credit hours (normally junior standing)
- Must be enrolled full time with a declared Writing major.
- Must have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average. Shall be making satisfactory academic progress
- Demonstration of financial needs as defined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required
Renewal Criteria: The scholarship is automatically renewed for maximum of 4 semesters provided the student continues to meet the qualifications.
- Jim and Ginger Jurries
- Up to $1,500
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Writing
- Supplemental Questions
- Please submit a 2-page essay on your background, your writing and your career goals and aspirations. Note: Please only upload a PDF version of your essay.