The McFadden International Child Welfare Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist with preparing competent and committed social workers who will work toward international understanding of the well being of children in the world.
- Recipients must be accepted for or be currently enrolled at GVSU
- Must be enrolled with full or part-time status as a Master of Social Work, degree-seeking student
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
- Recipients must demonstrate interest in international social work, and an aptitude for working with children by taking course work that aligns with this interest. This demonstration might also include study or service learning with children in the United States or abroad.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates who express specific interest in working in the area of international social work as it pertains to children in a developing country
- Special consideration will also be given to candidates whom may have attended grade school and high school in a country outside of the United States and have a desire to work with children internationally
Financial need will be considered as demonstrated by the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship may be renewed without reapplication for a maximum of three semesters if a full-time student, or for a maximum of five semesters if enrolled part-time , provided the student continues to meet the qualifications stated above.