Community Leadership Scholarship
This scholarship is intended to advance new generations of business leaders and community philanthropists.
- Demonstration of financial need is not required.
- Candidates must give evidence of significant community service performed while a college student at GVSU as well as their desire to be engaged in community service throughout their lives
- Recipients must be a junior or senior
- Recipients must be enrolled full time at GVSU
- Recipients must provide two or more letters of recommendations from individuals familiar with your community involvement. One letter of recommendation must be from a GVSU faculty Member from the candidates’ academic major and one letter from someone not directly associated with the University.
- Recipients must be making satisfactory academic progress according to the norms established by the University
- Submission of the resume in the general application is required for this scholarship
- Honors, awards and extracurricular activities will be taken into consideration
Renewal Criteria: Non-renewable
- Grand Valley University Foundation Leadership Committee
- Grand Valley University Foundation
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload a letter of recommendation from a Grand Valley State University faculty member in your academic major area.
- Please upload a letter of recommendation from a person not directly associated with the University.
- Please upload a typed 1-page essay describing yourself, your educational and career goals, and your experience performing community service on campus while pursuing a degree at Grand Valley. Describe one community service experience outside of school that is most meaningful to you. Please provide 3-4 goals you intend to set to achieve while in college and that will help prepare you to enter your career. Include what you plan to do with your education from GVSU. Remember that the committee will read many essays and you must make them understand why you should receive this scholarship.
- Statement of Understanding
- I understand that I need to be enrolled for the following academic year as a junior or senior in order to receive the scholarship.