Rick K. Hamlin Memorial Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) students with the costs of a Grand Valley State University (GVSU) education and encourage them to get involved with the GVSU Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Resource Center.
- Recipients for this scholarship shall have been accepted for or currently enrolled at GVSU
- Must identify as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning (LGBTQ) student
- Must be an undergraduate junior or senior and enrolled for 12 credit hours or more
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater (on a 4.0 scale)
- Priority will be given to students with a declared major or demonstrated interest in Environmental Design, Nursing, Psychology and Education
Financial need may be considered, it shall be determined by the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship may be renewed without reapplication provide the recipient continues to meet the qualifications stated above and funds are available. This scholarship may be awarded to an individual for a maximum of 4 semesters.