The Schmidt/Workman Graduate Student Athlete Fellowship
The purpose of this fellowship is to assist former GVSU student athletes with their graduate degree endeavors after their eligibility as a GVSU student athlete is exhausted. The fellowship will ensure that financial need does not become a barrier in completing their graduate degree in a timely fashion.
- Must be accepted or currently enrolled at GVSU
- Must have earned a bachelor’s degree at GVSU
- Must have exhausted their athletic eligibility
- Must be enrolled in any graduate program for at least 9 credit hours or more directly proceeding their undergraduate program
- Must be in good academic standing and meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as determined by the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
Financial need will be considered and shall be demonstrated by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship may be renewed without reapplication provided the recipient(s) continues to meet the qualifications listed above. This scholarship may be awarded to an individual for a maximum of 5 semesters (including summer).