Hospitality and Tourism Management Clubs Scholarship
The HTM Clubs in conjunction with the HTM Department is providing this scholarship to a registered club member who has demonstrated an active interest in the clubs success and development. This scholarship is to be used to help defray some of the costs associated with being a higher education student in the field of HTM.
- Recipients will have been accepted for or are currently enrolled at GVSU
- Must be an undergraduate student, currently enrolled full time (at least 12 credits/semester) with junior or senior status
- Must have declared a major in Hospitality and Tourism Management and be making satisfactory academic progress (2.0 GPA or higher)
- Be a member of at least one of the following clubs: American Hotel & Lodging Association (GVSU AHLA), HTM Club, Meeting Professionals International (GVSU MPI), National Society of Minorities in Hospitality (GVSU NSMH), or Professional Convention and Meeting Association (GVSU PCMA)
- Must be an “active” member in one of the HTM Clubs listed above. Active members are those who demonstrate their commitment by regular attendance at meetings, activities/events, promotion of membership and other activities deemed appropriate by the committee
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Club
- Up to $1,500
- College of Community and Public Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Supplemental Questions
- How long have you been a member of the HTM club?
- Please provide a detailed statement (maximum 3 pages) on how you meet the qualifications for this award. Please include: how you have benefited from being a club member, your involvement in club activities, your contributions to the enhancement/development o the club, and how you would utilize the scholarship if you were to receive it.