Owen Bieber Scholarship
This Scholarship is available for full-time entering students who are in some way affiliated with the UAW.
- Entering students must have a 3.5 or better GPA and 27 ACT composite score or 1280 SAT total.
- Transfer students must have graduated from an accredited community or junior college with a minimum GPA of 3.5 and must matriculate directly to GVSU.
Students must be affiliated with the UAW as follows:
- a member in good standing for five years
- a retired member of the UAW
- a spouse of a five-year member or retired member
- a dependent son or daughter of a five-year member or retired member
Renewal Criteria: Renewable for (3) additional years (1 for transfer students) provided the student maintains a 3.5 GPA, remains full time and meets the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- Owen F. Bieber
- Full tuition (block rate 12-15 credits)
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list your past honors or achievements:
- If you are a transfer applicant, please list the degree you received from your previous institution and date it was received.
- Please attach a typed personal essay. Include in the essay information about yourself and your educational and career goals. Do not, however, merely list activities, honors and awards, since you have already done this elsewhere on your application. Instead, help the selection committee understand and feel your uniqueness. To accomplish this, it would be a good idea to write in first person (use “I”). Try to make yourself come to life as a person, as a student, and as a future member of your chosen profession. Remember that the committee has read hundreds of applications. You must make them understand why they should choose you for the scholarship rather than someone else whose record- - on paper at least--might appear almost identical to yours. Your essay weighs heavily in the committee’s decision.
- Please upload a letter of recommendation from a former teacher or counselor.
- Please upload a completed version of the Owen Bieber UAW membership verification form. The form is available here.