Occupational Safety and Health Management Scholarship
This scholarship was established to assist students pursuing an undergraduate degree in Occupational Safety and Health Management at GVSU.
- Must be a Junior or Senior status when receiving this scholarship award (therefore students will apply during their sophomore and junior year)
- Must be enrolled full-time in the Occupational Safety and Health Management Program
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or greater and be making satisfactory academic progress
Renewal Criteria: Non-renewable
- Occupational Safety and Health Management, Padnos College of Engineering & Computing
- Supplemental Questions
- Please describe what drew you to this profession and what benefits you will derive from working in the OSH profession.
- What are your future plans in the OSH profession? Where do you see yourself in 5 years after graduation?
- Describe how you would handle the following situation presented to an OSH professional: A supervisor and workers have worked 12 hours on a Friday fixing a production problem. You arrive on the scene of the work to discover workers are violating lockout tagout procedures and are exposing themselves to potential life threatening hazards. The supervisor explains that they need 10 minutes to complete the work and be done for the weekend. He also states that a proper lockout tagout of the production equipment will add 30 minutes to the job and they just want to go home for the day.