Richard Wheeler First Responder Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship will benefit dependents of first responders who have fallen while putting their lives on the line for our communities, families and friends. To be eligible the student must:
- Be a spouse or surviving child of the fallen who served as a first responder. This would include firefighters, paramedics and police
- Be a Michigan resident as defined by the Grand Valley residency policy
- Be admitted as a degree seeking undergraduate student
- Annually file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be attending Grand Valley full-time
- Be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress
Renewal Criteria: Can receive for a maximum of 8 semesters
- Grand Valley State University
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload official documentation of frontline servicer's status and loss of life while in service.
- Please provide proof of relationship to the deceased first responder.